Sunday, March 27, 2011

Narrative Poem

My First Time At Six Flags
We had arrived at midday
It was cold and the sun was beginning to set
And there it awaited the theme park I so badly wanted to go
Which instead of being a friend ended up a foe

Eleven years of age I was
Never will I forget this memory I came upon
The remembrance of all the fear it caused
Just because this ride I got on

Out of all the people that came with me in this retreat
My best friend was the one that experience this right next to me
At first I was the one that was brave
But acting so brave was surely a mistake

When I sat down in the cart I was very inpatient
I wanted it to end and get over it once and for all
But I didn’t know the impact would be very strong
I didn’t know it will feel like getting smashed into a wall

Adrenalin pumped through my veins
And fear crossed my mind
At my side, was my partner
Who taught it was her time to die

When we reached the 255 ft peak
The cart stopped for a moment
Then with all its might it went down
With force that took control of my body motion

Through the rest of the ride unconscious I was
My body was uncontrollable flopping like a raged doll
When it ended I didn’t have a balance
My feet didn’t want to move at all

I got traumatized and made a promise
I would never come again to a Six Flags theme park
But over the years passed
It was just another thoughtless remark

No comments:

Post a Comment